Open source

Sektion für Bugs, Fragen, Probleme betreffend den CrawlerNG
Antworten
Matekeszi
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Open source

Beitrag von Matekeszi »

Hi guys,

New user and fellow programmer here. The project is not open source right?
I'd like to add some feautres (at least for myself), is there any chance i get the code, or a github?
Some additions i'd like to make, but if it is not possible i'd post a request about it:
- Plus filters for crawling. Just one example: I don't need players under level 10, got all the low level items.
- Updating analisys/scrapbook by clicking players on the list, so you don't have to leave the screen, update, analyze again and list them again.
- Making crawl/analyze faster. Not sure if it is possible as i don't see the code.
- Disable pictures. Being a data person i don't really need them. The software is fast so it takes little resource i assume, so it is really just me.
And many more. The app is amazing, but some little tweaks would even improve it.

Mate
F0restbear
Danksagung erhalten: 214 Mal

Re: Open source

Beitrag von F0restbear »

Hey Mate,

welcome to the forum and thanks for your suggestions. Correct, the Crawler as well as the MFbot are not open source.

We just had a discussion with other users about that topic a while ago. Maybe it'd be also interesting for you to read as we explain why we made that decision: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2987
Viele Grüße / Best regards

F0restbear
Matekeszi
Danksagung erhalten: 0

Beitrag von Matekeszi »

Thanks for the reply, it was indeed an interesting topic.
So as i saw, you are looking for devs to join your team. Can you write me a pm or email about it? It might be interesting for me.
A few questions:
In the topic it was mentioned it is not a git-based project? These days hearing this is strange. How are you maintaining the code?
What languages and technologies are being used?
Lets say I join to the team. Is there any requirement of contributon? Right now i have some free time thanks to the home-office (+2 hours that I would spend with travelling) but as well as You, i'm busy with RL things, so there might be longer periods when in can't do any progression. Is that okay for you?
F0restbear
Danksagung erhalten: 214 Mal

Beitrag von F0restbear »

Hey again,

sorry for the late reply.

Please dm Robin so he can get back to you. I believe it'd be better for him to answer your questions as I am not a developer myself :king: Our team is pretty busy at the moment so we'd kindly ask for your patience.
Viele Grüße / Best regards

F0restbear
Robin
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 354 Mal

Beitrag von Robin »

Just a quick note to address some points:
How are you maintaining the code?
As mentioned here, we actually do use Git.
We also are always looking for help, for that it'd be great if you could write me a short pm so that I don't forget it.
What languages and technologies are being used?
We use C# with mostly .NET 4.5.2, mono is used for cross-compilation on various unix systems. (The web interface is written in Python and the translation platform is written in ASP.net with a VB.net base, so it's not all C#)
As mentioned earlier, we use Gitlab as SCM and Issue management system, build with Jenkins and deploy the packages manually with the help of a self-built management interface.
For security reasons, the last step is only my job the moment. (Okay, fine, I wanted to automate that step and integrate it into Jenkins but never finished the work on it. :-D)
Is there any requirement of contributon? Right now i have some free time
As you said, it's not very different with me and Unkown at the moment, so that's okay. Unfortunately, that also means that while we are always there for questions, we can't really introduce you into the code at a deep level.
But: We have a documented workflow and a rudimentary guide for the most important classes and files, so that might help.

Oh, I almost forgot: Please note that none of the above points apply to the Crawler! The Crawler is developed by mostly one person only and in most ways completely separate from the bot.

Regards
Robin
MFBot-VersionCode-Zeilen*In Dateien*Letzte Version
MFBot 1.5.x64851Juli 2013
MFBot 2.x1436316März 2014
MFBot 3.x2209536März 2015
MFBot 4.x55242241Juli 2018
MFBot 5.x66000440Tbc
*Ohne automatisch generierten Designer-Code
Antworten