New version doesn't run on Windows

Fehler der Release-Versionen
Heken
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

New version doesn't run on Windows

Beitrag von Heken »

Hi,

I dont know if I'm the only one having this issue because I haven't seen any other post about this.

Since the last release, I replaced the MFBot.exe in the folder as usually, and it doesn't open anymore. It doesn't even show the splash logo. I tried also to place it in a clean folder and also in a clean folder with the acc settings only and its everything the same. The program doesn't run at all so I got forced to use the previous release without resources recognition
Baaam
Core Developer
Danksagung erhalten: 206 Mal

Re: New version doesn't run on Windows

Beitrag von Baaam »

Can you see anything in the task manager, is the process even running?
Heken

Beitrag von Heken »

The process "Magical Fidget Bot" runs for around 5 seconds and then it disappears.
Baaam
Core Developer
Danksagung erhalten: 206 Mal

Beitrag von Baaam »

Is there anything written to the files in the "logs" folder of your MFBot folder? (You can send it to me via private message if you like).

And can you send me the output of the following as well: viewtopic.php?p=9797#p9797 - It's in German, sorry for that. But maybe you can auto translate it or just use the screenshots. It might reveal stacktrace information of the crash you seem to experience.
Heken

Beitrag von Heken »

There is nothing at all written on the log file from the old folder when i tried to run the new version .exe there. And in a clean folder it doesnt even create the log file.

But i managed to check at the Event Viewer and i think this is what you need:

https://prnt.sc/OhyFCq_5Hx0t
DasAoD
Danksagung erhalten: 26 Mal

Beitrag von DasAoD »

Heken hat geschrieben: Mo 24. Jul 2023, 10:54 Hi,

I dont know if I'm the only one having this issue because I haven't seen any other post about this.

Since the last release, I replaced the MFBot.exe in the folder as usually, and it doesn't open anymore. It doesn't even show the splash logo. I tried also to place it in a clean folder and also in a clean folder with the acc settings only and its everything the same. The program doesn't run at all so I got forced to use the previous release without resources recognition
Quick question.
Do you mean by "clean folder" that you created a completely new folder with the new MFBot.exe or did you "only" delete all files and folders in the existing old folder?
I had a similar problem a long time ago. I forgot to delete the .bot.lock file. I'm not sure, but wasn't it hidden before?
It probably won't help to solve the problem. Who knows.

I also set up the event manager that way. I have not a single entry there with MFBot.exe. Es wird wahrscheinlich nicht zur Lösung des Problems beitragen.
Heken

Beitrag von Heken »

DasAoD hat geschrieben: Mo 24. Jul 2023, 16:37
Heken hat geschrieben: Mo 24. Jul 2023, 10:54 Hi,

Quick question.
Do you mean by "clean folder" that you created a completely new folder with the new MFBot.exe or did you "only" delete all files and folders in the existing old folder?
I had a similar problem a long time ago. I forgot to delete the .bot.lock file. I'm not sure, but wasn't it hidden before?
It probably won't help to solve the problem. Who knows.

I also set up the event manager that way. I have not a single entry there with MFBot.exe. Es wird wahrscheinlich nicht zur Lösung des Problems beitragen.
I created a completely new folder from 0. Also tried the other way. But nothing works. Let's see if devs find out something
Robin
Administrator
Danksagung erhalten: 354 Mal

Beitrag von Robin »

Hi there,

we actually can't explain that, too, at the moment.
We've theorized a bit, but the weird thing is that the bot already fails (according to your event log) while creating the initial Acc.ini file - a process we most definitely did not touch for the last version compared to 5.6.0.

Some common issues we could try to start with include:
  • Saving the bot in a file that you/the bot only has restricted access on (such as the C:\ root foler), since the bot needs write access to its own files.
  • Saving the file in a location that has special characters in it (in theory this doesn't include whitespaces, but who knows?)
  • Sometimes the updater (or simply the download process from a browser) corrupts the bot file, but not completely. I've had times where it just stripped the last few bytes and the bot could run, but crashed almost immediately without further explanation.
    Maybe just try to download the bot again from the website.

Please have a look into these issues and whether they could be the case with your problem. If not, report back and we try to find a solution. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Robin
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Robin für den Beitrag:
Heken (Mi 26. Jul 2023, 08:34)
MFBot-VersionCode-Zeilen*In Dateien*Letzte Version
MFBot 1.5.x64851Juli 2013
MFBot 2.x1436316März 2014
MFBot 3.x2209536März 2015
MFBot 4.x55242241Juli 2018
MFBot 5.x66000440Tbc
*Ohne automatisch generierten Designer-Code
Heken

Beitrag von Heken »

Hi again,

- About restricted access its not the case because i just replaced it in the same folder that i was using since the start with all the versions. Also the new folder was done in the same main folder.

- About the special characters same, because the folder was named MFBot and the new one MFBot2.

- About the corrupted file also wasnt the fault because i already downloaded it 3-4 times before thinking the same.

But since you said to try these things, i just created a new Folder named MFBot at the Desktop. And moved the same MFBot.exe there and it worked correctly. After this, i closed it, and moved the same exe to the old folder, exactly were it was before and now worked correctly there too.

I cant find the sense of all this, but its working now. Thanks for everything!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor Heken für den Beitrag (Insgesamt 2):
WhatSoupGuy (Di 25. Jul 2023, 15:57) • Robin (Di 25. Jul 2023, 19:35)
WhatSoupGuy
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von WhatSoupGuy »

Hi there!

I had mostly the same issue, except that I could run the application but I could not see any account that I have.
Then I tried what @Heken said to start it in a new folder and after that move the .exe file back to the old folder and now it is working!
The only thing that does not work for me is the select all button in the inventory. It's almost completely out of the application. IMG
Antworten